Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Montanismo morning activity March 16, 2008

Well bright and early Sunday morning at 9am for my Montanismo class there was an activity on campus to help prepare us for the 1-3 day long excursions which will take place later in the semester. Unfortunately I was a couple minutes late as there are not as many trains running in the metros on Sundays so the wait can be longer. This meant I was in the Papas Fritas (French fries) group with all the other late people, not really a bad thing it just meant that we had to stand in the middle and just know that we were late…
The whole group split into 12 teams and we had to go through 12 different tasks in 2 hours, each worth a certain amount of points and the team with the most points at the end got to eat lunch first. The tasks ranged from boiling water to make tea with one of those travel makeshift gas-stove things, scaling a rock climbing wall, going through a “spider web” of ropes with a backpack and not touching any, but my favorite was when we got to rappel down the side of the mathematics building, sure it was only 2 stories but I still felt like a cool secret agent.
My team ended up 5th, not too shabby for a bunch of Papas Fritas, although we did change our name to Chorillanas (a dish with kinda philly-cheesesteak combo with a over easy egg on top of French fries, I tried it on Monday and while greasy it was quite tasty). It was a lot of fun and it makes me that much more excited for our excursions, although I still have to find someone to borrow an ice-pick from…

No comments: