Sunday, March 09, 2008

9 de Marzo del 2008

well this was my first weekend as a student here at PUC and it was quite enjoyable. Friday the school held a party for all the foreign exchange students and it was a lot of fun. We all had facepaint of our flags on our cheeks and painted stuff on paper they had set up on tables outside. Unfortunately friday was the one day it rained so they had to move the grills and the festivities under a tent but it was still a lot of fun. we learned Chilean equivalents of the "electric slide" or "Cha-Cha Slide"
Saturday was abuelita's birthday (I'm still not sure what her name is so i call her abuelita) and there was a nice family dinner then I went to some Aussie friends' apt to chill. I spent the night there then this morning we walked up Cerro San Cristobal. It's a much more rewarding experience walking as opposed to riding up the telefericas. Before we left we had a nice brunch in Bellavista, a touristy section of the city. It was one of the few places open since the tourists are really the only people who would go to eat on Sunday since it's a day everyone spends in the house. I had lovely ham avocado and cheese sandwich (eggs, bacon, pancakes, and cereal really aren't big here). Then we walked up saw the view and came down; it was great weekend excercise.
I plan on a nice calm sunday afternoon, maybe some homework, then tomorrow I have my first practice with the UC girls soccer team to see if I want to do that.
I'm still enjoying the lovely weather and unfortunately cannot upload photos here ffrom the intenet cafe, I will try tomorrow @ UC and hopefully be able to share more of my experiences with everyone.

No comments: