Tuesday, March 25, 2008

getting the groove of things

Monday March 24 and Tuesday March 25
I ended up getting an extension on my paper on the play Almas perdidas which is great, and I found out that I can be reimbursed for montanismo equipment as long as it doesn’t exceed $200, um awesome, hello camping equipment and piolet [sp].
I was able to Skype it with my family last night too which was an absolutely lovely ending to my <> . I enjoyed wishing everyone on the street a “feliz Pascuas de Resurreccion” as well as singing Easter hymns and songs from My Fair Lady with Laura and Jules.
Today I officially registered for my classes and also got my student discount Bip card (for the metro and buses). This card lets me travel for 1/3 of the cost on public transportation with is great since I have to take the metro to campus every day.
Instead of going to soccer practice today, I had decided ahead of time that I would attend a Monday night Bible study. Since I wasn’t going to practice I decided to go for a run at around 6, not the smartest idea. While the temperature was great I was running in the middle of Rush hour, tons of cars and smoke and I think it messed with my health cause I started to get a headache.
I went to El Oasis and had a real fun time getting to know people and participating in the games and it was just really great to discover this place that is so close to where I live and such a great group to be a part of. Unfortunately my headache got worse and I went home a little early and went to bed around 9:30 (waaaay early by Chilean standards) and I think 12 hours of sleep was what I needed just because of all the stress and activities and everything catching up with me.
I woke up Tuesday feeling good and went window shopping with Jamie before classes began then got out of my last class early and am enjoying the free time before I have to buckle down and get cracking on all my school work. Luckily I only need to get C’s to transfer the credit, I don’t have to strive for A’s which is an interesting feeling but I’m kind of enjoying knowing the pressure is kind of off and that I can enjoy what I’m reading rather than overanalyze it all.

No comments: