Monday, May 26, 2008

Sister Shoutout

This is what Sarah wrote while in the cafe on campus tuesday the 20th about the first three days in Santiago:

Chile where to begin other than the fact that we keep being told what we are experiencing is NOT the real Santiago. A little confusing if you ask me. For as my little sister says, “it never rains in Santiago,” yet everyday we have been here it has been raining or looks like it is going to rain. No bars were open Monday night which is very uncommon our native friend said. Also the power went out at the place we are staying, again another rare occurrence. So either these are huge coincidences or Mikaela and I are very very unlucky. I will lean towards coincidences if you ask me. Speaking of never raining in Santiago we/I have come up with some random sayings to remember the trip by:
It NEVER rains in Santiago!
No habla English equipo tambien (s/he doesn't speak english team also, sarah's game she would play around campus by randomly listing all the spanish phrases she knew)

You won’t really understand these unless you really know us Bizer sisters. Which I might add is quite an honor for those of you that do, haha! Being also really helps a girl’s self-esteem if you ask me. I have never been cat called, whistled at or literally STARED DOWN by so many guys in two days. Even though I know it is just because we are gringas, I can’t help but want to start to cat walk when I hear the whistles. I am having the time of my life and am so excited all three sisters could share this time together.

No comments: