Monday, May 26, 2008

Quick bullets from 2 weeks ago

I meant to turn this into an actual post but I ran out of time so I'll share with you the bullets I laid out to outline my montanismo expedition Mother's day weekend:

Monday May 12, 2008

Montanismo expedition Friday through Sunday: Hiking to the base of the mountain at night, sleeping and then hiking up the mountain and back down in a day, spending the night then hiking back to the bus in the morning.
Equipo elefante: This was the name our group gave ourselves, based on my random elephant trumpets throughout the day. Our group of girls represented Austria, New Zealand, Australia, and the US
Kat overcoming her fear: Kat has vertigo, Kat came with us to climb the mountain, at lunch Kat wanted to turn back, Kat made it to the top, Kat had some issues with the descent but made it all the way and we are so proud of her
Singing rap on the way up, lion king at the top: To entertain ourselves (and others) we sang rap songs on the climb up, and I performed the "circle of life" for everyone at the top of the mountain... repeatedly... with whatever prop I could find to represent Simba
Barbeque, making pasta dinner while camping: the whole group got together for an "asada" or barbeque but since we ended up getting back WAY later than anticipated and had a vegetarian in our group we made pasta, but it took FOREVER
COLD ATTACK!: Basically it was late fall, in the wilderness, at night, with nothing to break the wind, also I woke people the next morning by pretending to be a bear and attack their tent "ataque de ossa!"
Climbing on a playground afterwards in all our montanismo gear: the group of us taking the metro to el Centro and then walking back to various houses stopped in Parque Bustamante to climb the jungle gym with our backpacks still on and ice-picks and everything
Talking with the fam sunday, Gpa Jim and Gma Karen: Once I got back to the house, cleaned up and went to the internet cafe I was able to skype with my family and grandpa Jim and Grandma Karen who were visiting.

I have virtually no pictures of this trip because on the first day I went ot take a picture, tripped, put my hands behind me to catch my fall...and broke my camera. It got fixed a month later but all you have for proof is my word, unfortunately no photos to accompany it.

No comments: