Sunday, April 06, 2008

week 5

Week of March 31 to April 6
This week of classes went pretty well. It was the first week of my Cultura Chilena class, which is specifically for exchange students so the pace change in the speed of talking is definitely welcome. Sometimes the professor seems to go too slow but I’d rather the class be slow and catch all of it then the other way around.
There was an “Around the world” party at school on Thursday. I had tried to help make the PB&J, M&M cookies and other “USA” treats for our stand; but unfortunately we spent a long time waiting for one of the girls to show up at the metro that I had to get to campus rather than go bake. I did send in some pictures from my trip to the Grand Canyon, a Caps game, and Holidays.
One of my Australian friends had a barbeque at her house where she lives with 5 other international students on saturday night and it was so much fun. I learned how to make guacamole and made my first batch, it turned out quite well if i do say so myself. we had soooo much delicious food that i had to go for a run today to make myself feel better after eating so much. But the bast part was that there were people from four different continents speaking five different languages at least all having a good time hanging out and eating delicious food. I don't have any new pictures since unfortunately my camera broke but possibly it will miraculously start working again, which would be amazing!

No comments: